Michaels Anmerkung: MdP beschäftigt sich intensiv mit der Analyse und Visualiserung von Beziehungsgeflechten. Die ersten Eigenproduktion sind in Arbeit. So stay tuned.
Poster version: click here
It’s news to no one that Congress has had a hard time passing legislation in recent years. Some have even asserted that partisanship in Washington has reached historic levels. But how do we put the current divide in perspective? A group of researchers recently tried to quantify and visualize House partisanship in a paper published in PLoS ONE.
To understand what is being displayed:
- Each dot represents a member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Connection lines represent when two members voted the same way
- Connection line thickness represents how often they voted together during each 2-year period
- Dot size based on the total number of connections
- Color represents political party